Above the village Anthousa, between the districts of Anthousa and Agia a prominent hill hosts the castle of Anthousa-Agia.
Built in 1814 by Ali Pasha in order to check from where the rebellious Parga, who a year later would buy from the British ruler of the Ionian Maitland.
On February 17, 1814, Ali Pasha attacked by surprise and his army engaged in massacres in the region, and especially in Agia. Thereby punish residents who were independence tendencies and had allied with the Parga.
That same year tricking French commander Eptanisou Danzelot with intelligent letter, he builds the castle. The European architect built it with polygonal tall walls and generally designed for effective defense with a large tower guns.
Construction, Architectural, Fortification Elements
Polygonal castle with large tower guns and very high walls, is in a relatively good condition. The big tower runs regional vaulted corridor with arches and bows. Two bastions and a scalding strengthen its defense.
On the north side two bastions and scalding protect the entrance. Inside there is a vaulted corridor on a regional big tower with internal arches and bows. Two Russian guns purchased by Ali lying in the dirt.
The castle is now in good condition although it has faults that are repairable. Spectacular views of the night when illuminated in event period.